Sunday, September 12, 2010

My First...

So I'm done with my first week of my new life. I consider this the first "official" work week because I'm no longer on the DOE payroll and I'm actually following through on my plan to work at Starbucks (with the multitude of other students/business people/unemployed starving artists...) So here are my Week 1 highlights:

-Spent two FULL days at Starbucks, with people fighting over seats and trying to make phone calls that weren't overly obnoxious to people sitting nearby.

-Went to a BBQ with Cynthia and Shaant to celebrate Labor day. I love hanging with them and, until getting wasted off of flip cup (tolerance is way down from my GCA days), I had a great time!!

-Went to CT for my Aunt Catherine's 84th birthday! That lady has listened to me talk, complain, be excited/depressed/etc and loved me since I was born -- plus, she's a little magical which is always fun ;) Anyways, we had dinner as a family of about 15ppl and it was so great!

-Volunteering - I helped "transport" seniors at a long-term care facility for elderly people. Basically, I wheeled them from their rooms, down the elevator and to the auditorium for Rash Hashanah service. The first day, I thought it smelled and didn't really know what to do with myself - by the second day I was leading other volunteers around and partnered up with this really adorable, nice guy. Thank you college eye-candy!

-Started training for Kaplan SAT prep. Also volunteering, but they're training me for free so I think it's an even trade-off. Anyways, I'll be paired up with a small HS group of student for the school year - can't wait to meet them!

-Met with this great dad about tutoring his daughter. I love hearing parents talk about their kids - and this guy really cares about his! Anyways, I got home from a great talk with him, emailed him a thank you note and 5min later he emailed back saying his daughter would call me and set something up this week!! Fingers crossed that she likes me too!! ::fingers crossed::

-Hung out with A and R, who I haven't seen since my LPA days!! Speaking of firsts, A is the first boy I ever kissed, back when I was a girl (around 12 I think). I think we talked once after and it went like this: So does this mean we're going out -- No, I don't think so -- Ok. I can't remember a conversation after that, but how cute and drama-free! Anyways, it was good to see the boy who's become only a name to me...super nice guy as an adult btw! R was also so fun to hang out with, and has such a nice girlfriend. I hope we can hang out in the future, as they live in the city -- new friends, yay!

Whew, I didn't even realize how much I did this week until now!! Well, needless to say I spent about 6 hours out of my apt each day which was key. I even went running a few times...which I'm off to do again now with my friend V...gotta keep moving...

No comments:

Post a Comment