So what am I doing with my life?? Seems to be the question of the summer... Well, I've applied to countless craigslist ads for anything in the restaurant/tutoring fields, gone on a few interviews - not so much is happening from that. Also, just signed up for volunteer activities where I'll be reading to kids from 7:30 to 8:30am and doing a Kaplan SAT test prep for high schoolers. I figure I may as well pimp up my resume while I have some time on my hands. Now how to actually make money...hmmmm....
The strangest thing is that I'm not really that anxious about it. I'm far more worried about myself - will I procrastinate? sleep in? give up? The inner battle is scarier than not getting paid at the moment....at the moment... That's why my commitment to myself is this - I will spend AT LEAST 8 hours a day OUT of my apartment starting tomorrow (since that's when I would have to report back if I were teaching, so why not). I just think that I need to keep moving, moving, moving until something finally works out!
So, here's how my life is going to look like (until Lango becomes a huge success and I'm on my yacht sailing the world):
-Morning Run in Cental Park @ 5:30am
-Starbucks to work on the computer for lango bidness @ 6:30 - 10:30am
-Phone calls in Riverside Park @ 10:30 - 12pm
-Home for lunch @ 12 - 2pm
-Starbucks to finish up any business and/or search for jobs @ 2 - 5pm
-Anything I want/tutuoring/bartending practice.
So that's more than 6 hours, so I have a little wiggle room ;) Cross your fingers for me!! Either way, the last time I felt like I was in such a "right" place in my life was my first year of teaching. I'll just keep following that and let's see where this road leads...
Hope everyone had a great labor day weekend - such gorgeous weather!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment