So this has been a CRAZY summer so far - to say the least! Even though it's been a rollercoaster ride, I thought I'd focus on the "Ups" and hope that the "Downs" sort themselves out in the coming months. So here it is - Top 10 Summer Highlights, Crammy Style!
1) Hanging out with Marion, who has been a good friend from the time we were 12. We had a great day exploring the city, talking and just having fun. Even more exciting, she's moving to NJ this weekend to start a medical residency program. Maybe now I'll see her more than twice a decade :) A few people make me feel like home and Marion is for sure one of them!
2) Practice Bartending! I finally got the courage to go to these practice bars associated with the school I went to last week. They're actually really fun. I'm starting to love going back behind the bar and it encourages me even more to study the drinks so I'm as prepared as possible. Plus, I'm making new friends and am getting better at my small talk game.
3) Picnics in the Park - From Prospect to Central Park, I LOVE hanging out with friends on a good day in the park! Thank you to everyone who invited me or joined me...Good times ;)
4) The Met - It's by far my favorite museum. I've been going there since I was a kid and I still love it! The Egyptian and Greek sections are always a favorite, but I love exhibits like the Armor section.
5) Support - there have been family and friends that have really helped and supported my career change. It makes all the difference in my day. Thank you.
6) Summer school - I did these two weeks at a high school for two hours a day. I felt productive but not overburdened. Plus, I got offered a job at the end of it, which is always good for the ego :)
7) Renel's birthday!! It's always a blast getting together with my math people. I just love them.
8) Elena. She's my business partner and I couldn't ask for a better one. It's nice to go through this new venture and know that someone has your back.
9) Meditation and Juicing. I've been trying to meditate for a half hour each night before I go to bed. It's something I look forward to and I love how it relaxes my brain. I'm also juicing on an almost daily basis. Yay for healthy living!!
10) My mom winning Gold in a rowing competition she was in this summer. I just love her so much and, even though it didn't involve me, I was so excited for her that it definitely feels like a highlight!
And with that, I can't believe school is already in session some places!! Good luck to all involved! Let's see what the Fall brings (I hear plaid scarves are gonna be hot)....
No comments:
Post a Comment