Only my second day at this and I have to say having a Starbucks "office" is the funniest thing ever. I got a late start yesterday by getting here at 9am and could barely find a seat - when I did, I was at the big table with a lady coughing/talking loudly on her phone and a guy sucking his teeth. NOT to make that same mistake, today it's 7:30am and I've been here for a half hour - that's right sucking-teeth guy, suck it.
On this rainy day, the guy to my right is talking on the phone, John Mayer is blasting, a lady just rushed in and claimed a seat before ordering coffee and men/women are filing in with briefcases and backpacks ready for all the free wifi they can handle. I am, of course, set up with my laptop, phone and ready to stop procrastinating (after this post of course)!!
And for those of you wondering if I got up at 5:30am yesterday to run the answer is a resounding NO...duh. But, after waking up at 8:30am, rushing over here and cursing to myself for being late (it really is like going to work) I actually did get in a full 6 hours of work, went home to eat AND went for a 20min run. All and all not bad progress :)
Good luck to all those starting their first day of teaching in NYC! I miss all my fabulous past co-workers so much! I'm sure I'll see you all when I start subbing as they can't all be Starbucks days...
ps - population just tripled over here since writing this post - better come now to get the last table - and bring a heavy purse to knock the old ladies and college kids out of the way!!
pps - Happy 84th Birthday Aunt Catherine - so much love!!
No comments:
Post a Comment