Tuesday, November 16, 2010

stuff - it's happening

So I actually had a really social weekend recently and I got to see my AEL and GCA peeps (on different nights)!! Now that I don't hang out regularly with any group of people, I really appreciate and love hanging out with such good guys and gals and catching up. Also, I was totally called out for not blogging recently (Newville) - so I though I'd take a minute and remedy that ;)

Part of why I haven't blogged in a bit is that I feel like the world around me is shifting and I just needed a quiet internal moment to process what's going on before I could verbalize it. That said, life has happened and this amazing unexpected journey I'm on continues to be unpredictable. Here's a list of the 3 biggest highlights of the past couple months (in addition to the above party weekend)...

1) Lango
After a bumpy September (to say the least - registering an LLC costs over $1,000 FYI) things have stabilized and I've LOVED going to the Spanish classes that we have going on. The kids are progressing well, our teacher is amazing and the feedback is all positive so far :) I'm also learning so much about running a business and find it all so fascinating - I wish I did this in college!!

On the con side, it's not generating any income for me to live on and I don't know how long that will take (I'm guessing the standard 1 - 3 yrs). So what else do I do in the meantime?? Only time will tell, but already some opportunities have popped up out of the blue - just following every lead, listening to my gut and enjoying the ride.

2) Family
My mom got diagnosed with breast cancer at the end of September (stupid month). I know it's horrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, but part of me really feels so blessed - to be there for her, to face such a real thing as a family while staying positive - it's great. Anyways, she is the most amazing human being I know and through good or bad times there's such a beauty to being with her and being connected on an authentic level. To all those concerned: she's doing great and will start Chemo the beginning of Dec (I know, Merry Fucking Christmas ;). And thanks for the support - really.

My sister also wanted some attention so she got her wisdom teeth out. After going through that myself I knew it would be a shit experience, so I got to take care of my helpless little Jen. She's all better now and I'm a pro at caring for people after getting their wisdom teeth yanked - so feel free to call!

My step-brother and step-dad are fantastic as always. Clayton is just the coolest kid ever and showed me how to get my own honey from his bee hive - sooooo good!

3) Volunteering
I officially love volunteering!! Now I know why rich housewives make their lives about organizing events and volunteering. If I didn't have any money concerns, I could live this lifestyle for quite awhile. So what am I doing? Read on my friend...

I am a Board Member for a non-profit organization that runs a community center with the purpose of helping an impoverished community in Peru. I basically do businessy stuff for them, similar to what I'm doing anyways for Lango.

I also read to elementary kids every Monday morning and work with HS students for SAT prep every Saturday. All the kids are just so fun and they make me happy. I think that's the core to volunteering - it makes you warm and fuzzy inside - warm and fuzzy is a good thing.



So I think that's enough for the moment (even I'm getting bored!). As crazy as my life is, I have a surprising amount of faith that this is exactly where I'm supposed to be and I'm all anticipation for the future - wherever it may lead... It's exciting/calming to be on a path and to know that no matter what the bumps in the road are I have an amazing family, great friends and a solid sense of myself (thank you 30's - I'm almost there!!). Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. GIRL - you rock! I miss you and hope your dreams come true! You'll have to come visit me soon or vice versa! I will be moving to Albuquerque ~ talk about crazy life changes. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete