Tuesday, November 23, 2010

family time and an unexpected date

Happy Thanksgiving Week Everyone!! This is shaping up to be a great Thanksgiving so far - one of my closest friends from middle school is joining me and my sister to celebrate in Brooklyn, another friend from FL is coming for cocktails on Friday and Adityas family (who all seem to have the awesome gene in spades) is having a post Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday. For someone who isn't a fan of huge gatherings, I'm really excited for all the events to come!

With the holidays upon us, it seemed like a great week to really enjoy my family. My dad came for a two day visit with his girlfriend and her cousin. Jen picked out some awesome places to go eat (the girl seriously has a gift) and I got some alone time to just hang with my pops. We've had a somewhat rocky relationship in the past and it feels so freeing to be over all that and enjoy the company of a really great person who cares about me. Love him.

To top off that awesomeness, this was THE WEEKEND where my mom, sister and I went on a yoga retreat at Kripalu. I signed up for the Vertical Revolution and it was a life-changer. Seriously. I can't even put into words how my mind shifted just a little with a startling huge result - so I'll just leave it at that. Plus, the food kicks some serious ass and it's just a relaxing time.

Now onto the present time. I have a date tonight - which is sort of surprising since I've been actively trying NOT to date. I was at Starbucks working on my laptop while waiting to meet someone (for the first time) from the non-profit organization I'm a part of. It was around the time they were supposed to be there, so I'd look up every now and then to scan the room for said person. Well, this guy was there instead, we made eye contact and he sat down at the next table. I smiled and tried to get back to my work, but he persistently made conversation despite my good ignoring skills. I'm really impressed by the ability to just go up to a stranger and ask them out, so of course I agreed to a future cup of coffee when he asked. I just hope he's an interesting character who can hold a decent conversation. Either way, I have exactly 30min to evaluate because...

My cousin Andy is coming into the city tonight and has an extra ticket for a movie screening with the main guy from Sideways. It sounds fun and Andy is a sure bet on having a good time so I couldn't pass it up. My date starts at 6:30 and this thing with Andy is across town and starts at 7:15 sharp, meaning that I'll have a busy couple of hours tonight.

Oh, and to top it all off, the date might not even happen! We set a time/date, but didn't exchange info so if any emergency comes up then we're just outta luck. That said, I'm assured of a cup of coffee and a movie screening tonight - feels kinda win win to me - was life always this much fun and I just couldn't see it before?? xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment