Thursday, July 22, 2010

some days you're the pigeon, and some days your the statue

I went to my least favorite place in the world today...the dentist. I try to go once every 3 years whether I need it or not - just for the torture. Well, today it actually wasn't that bad. I got the normal "you should really come every 6mos" and the new "you should be worried about periodental gum disease, BUT it's reversible with good home care". I put the latter advice in the good category with it being reversible and all. So, I'm kinda pumped that it's almost over and I'm not gonna lose all my teeth, when..... the Dr. tells me he's never heard of my teacher friend who recommended me. And.Then.It.Hit.Me! This is my sisters doctor!!!!!! Long story short, he doesn't deal with teachers and instead of paying $0, I pay $150! Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Is my broke, unemployed ass, who's been trying to get all her appts in while she's still "covered" surprised?? - nah.

Then there's my bartending class. I spilled my lunch all over the floor, knocked over my juicy fruitcup at a deli when ordering ice coffee and forgot my bartending book at the school - crap! Plus, I can make about 16 drinks in 6min, but with the test requiring 24 drinks I think I'm fairly fucked for this Friday. I keep having visions of barging into the office and refusing to take the test and demanding that they help me find a job anyways - prob not gonna happen, but let me know if Antonio Bandaras is in town with his guitar case anytime soon.

On the bright side: I had movie/shake shack night with my friend Shaant, which is always fun and relaxing (we saw the Sorcerers Apprentice - not a bad flick). Also, I'm going to a Modest Mouse concert on Friday and am hitting the beach up on Sat. But the week isn't over yet and, with my karma, I might just be on crutches by the end of it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment