Tuesday, July 6, 2010

HEAT!

WOW...it is HOT in NYC!!! Just got home from walking around the city and had to peal my sweaty clothes off me like I was a banana. Just a few thoughts about heat when it's in the triple digits, or close to it:

- I think it's hysterical the frenzy all the news outlets go into. It's like they're all high-fiving each other about having such an awesome story on hand...I know you are Mr.G ;)

- I DON'T appreciate it when it's hot as balls outside before 9am. Period.

- There are noticeably more ambulances in central park, circling around like vultures for people when they go into heat stroke...but good vultures!

- I would prefer not to sweat. I get the importance of it, but it's like needing bugs to keep the whole food chain thing work. ugh!

- There are "cooling centers" all over NYC on hot days!! Who ever heard of such a thing?? From what I gather, they're just big rooms with chairs and A/C so old people don't die. In Florida it's just called staying home.

So that's about it. Enjoyed some air conditioned movie time with my friend Shaantayy and now I'm looking forward to group interviews (despite the despicable heat!) tomorrow. Never done group interviews before, so hopefully this won't suck...

No comments:

Post a Comment