Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Buddha Buddha


So I was sitting in my first Buddhism class tonight and, despite a "being at church" feeling, I found the class really enjoyable. Since I love numbering things (and who doesn't?), here are the top 5 reasons I'm digging the Buddha...

1. Dalai Lama is a rockstar. I can't imagine anyone not being smitten with him (especially when he giggles ;).
2. The whole idea is that you are perfect just as you are. Be kind to yourself and others and let the Buddha shine through.
3. Favorite thought - If we have a strong immune system, then diseases come into our body and leave. In the same way, if we have a strong mental state, then disturbances (i.e. anger, embarrassment, jealousy) come and then leave. No grudges, no holding on - sounds good to me!
4. There is no God or person to hold your hand through life. Being an atheist, I dig it.
5. When was the last time you saw Jesus belly laugh?

In other happenings, I had a great all you can eat sushi night in celebration of Weeds 26th bday. It was good to see friends I haven't seen in forever...plus, there was karaoke (apologies to those who heard me "sing")! The next day I had another movie/lunch date with my sister. We saw Blue Valentine and had amazing soup dumplings on 23rd and 9th!! Blame it on the Buddha but I'm feeling very blessed these days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment