Tuesday, December 7, 2010

because i consider watching glee and blogging multi-tasking...

So I have a new gig - I'm helping out with recording and shipping orders from a website company (decorativethings.com)! Maybe I can pay my rent, my bills and buy food all in the same month - kidding...but really, it's nice to have a paying gig once again ;) Plus it's funny how a few opportunities that I pursued this month just didn't pan out (ok, maybe I got straight up rejected) and then this one just happened within hours of me talking to the person (and with some random family help) and seems to be pretty perfect for what I needed. Hmmm...

Actually, I feel like things are picking up in a lot of areas lately. Between this new gig, the non-profit that I'm working with, getting financing for Lango, pet-sitting/babysitting and having a social life I barely have time to watch my TV "programs" as my grandmother would call them. Although I must admit it's way more fun being busy with the whole holiday spirit in the air than at other times of the year...and it's MUCH better than sitting on my butt feeling like every bone in my body is lazy!!

In other busy news, last Saturday after a day-long meeting in Jersey I went out to celebrate my girl M's birthday and finally met one of her awesome dr. friends - can't wait to meet the rest of them during all you can eat sushi (or so I've been promised). Plus they didn't make me feel bad when I told them of my no drinking during december promise (which pretty much rocks btw). Then we wandered over in the freezing cold to meet up with some of the GCA crew for K's bday party and I just love them too. All and all, I feel pretty lucky that I have groups of people in my life who are really great/cool people - plus no hangover the next day thank you very much!



So what did I do with my non hung-over but exhausted self the next day? I went on a movie double header with my sister of course! We saw Black Swan (incredible movie...I was literally on the edge of my seat and wondering what would happen next. I have loved Natalie Portman since I saw her in the movie Beautiful Girls and this was no exception!). Then we raced down and saw The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest (I loved the books and I love seeing Noomi Rapace bring Lisbeth to life - not as good as the book, but still totally kick-ass). Then I took a big long nap and spent some QT with hulu :)

Overall, I'm amazed and grateful at the variety of social and work related opportunities that are coming my way. Life is still bumpy but unemployment somehow suits me - at least for now. Hope that everyone out there is feeling the holiday cheer - warm thoughts and wishes (with a dash of magic) to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment